The interview process can vary, depending on your experience and the job for which you’re applying. Generally, it follows several steps as listed below:
- Telephone interviews will be conducted by a department representative.
- If the telephone interview is successful, face-to-face interviews will be conducted on-site where you will meet with several key people from the department and Human Resources representatives.
- Should you be selected, a verbal offer will be made along with more specific information about the job.
- A confirmation e-mail will follow.
Employment is contingent upon successfully completing all applicable background and pre-employment screenings. Preparing for the Interview
No matter how many times you’ve been through it, interviews always manage to get the adrenaline flowing. Preparation is the best antidote to interview jitters. To that end, here are a few suggestions:
- ConocoPhillips is all about innovative solutions. Have a few instances in mind of how you’ve solved particular problems in the workplace, whether they were product, service or people-related.
- As you’ve most likely already discovered, this Web site is filled with information about our company. Take a few moments to review it. You’ll probably find some interesting factoids that will make great conversation starters and get the interview going on a more relaxed track.
- Any questions you have about us? We’d love to hear them. After all, as much as you’ll be the focus of the interview, it’s also about what we can offer you.